When that day that you have been dreaming of for so long arrives, it is important to have all the essentials to travel. Whether it’s a trip with your partner, a family vacation, or a short getaway with your friends, following our advice will make your trip much easier.
To be honest, all our trips start from the moment we decide to travel. Planning a trip can be as beneficial to your health as the trip itself.
Sometimes we are so happy to start our journey that we forget the essential things we will need for the trip. But don’t worry! TheTravelSecret always thinks of you, and that’s why we created a list of travel essentials that you should always keep in mind:
Before the trip:
- Mark all your bags with your contact information in case of confusion or lost luggage in airports.
- It is advisable to let someone you trust know at least the address of the first hotel you will be staying at.
- Some banks require authorization to make purchases abroad. Call your bank a few days before your trip to let them know you will be abroad so that they do not block your card.
- Speaking of banks, you must activate the option to receive an email notification every time you make a purchase. That way, you will always know when the card is used. And in case of fraudulent charges, you can make instant decisions.
The day of the trip
- Although it may seem impossible to forget, sometimes due to the hurry to get out, or lack of time, we forget it… yes, your passport or identity card. Before leaving your home or hotel, check that you have your ID with you. Especially when you go to the airport.
- It is always good to have a copy of your passport.
- If you prefer digital, I recommend you to make screen captures of all your reservations (hotel, check-in, activities, etc)
- If you prefer to have everything at hand, days before the trip, print out all your reservations and keep them in a folder in your carry-on bag.
- Having a small travel bag can save your life. A bag in which you will only keep your cell phone and your identification documents. This bag will always be checked: before leaving home, after entering a bathroom, or after passing immigration at airports. So, make sure your most important items are in this bag.
Travel Essentials in your carry-on bag
- Although we always hope that our trip will be perfect, sometimes for reasons beyond our control, it can turn out to have something unexpected happen. Always pack a change of clothes (underwear, t-shirt, and pants) in your hand luggage in case something happens with your suitcase or in case you have to sleep in an airport for some unforeseen event.
- Take your make-up, creams, etc in ziplock bags.
- Pack your favorite creams, your shampoo in 100 ml travel jars. If it is for a short trip, they will be enough.
- Headphones: listening to music or enjoying entertainment will make your time on flights, cars, or buses more frayed. If you have Bluetooth headphones, always remember to charge them.
- An external battery is always a good idea to charge your various electronic devices.
- If you are going to travel to other continents, remember that the electric plugs are different. So take a world adapter with you.
- Take a book with you to read at the time you have to wait.
- If it is difficult for you to sleep on the plane, car, or bus, having a good travel pillow will make you rest much better.
- Earplugs and eye masks will also help you sleep more easily.
- Always carry a lock. This will not only be useful for the safety of your suitcase but also in case you have to leave your backpacks in public places. And if you want 100% security, a combination lock is the best option.
Travel Essentials in your checked luggage
- If your trip is long, avoid packing large personal care products. When you are done with your small 100ml bottles, you can buy new products at your destination. This will save you space and weight in your carry-on bag.
- Normal towels, apart from weighing more, take up a lot of space in the suitcase. The microfiber towels are perfect for travel because they save a lot of space and they dry very quickly.
- Whether you travel to hot or cold climates, it’s a good idea to bring sunscreen.
- Flip-flops will not only save you on those days when you are tired from walking but can also be worn at the beach or in public showers.
- A rain jacket: they are lightweight, easy to pack, and can save your life if you go to places with rainy climates.
These are some of the travel essentials you should always keep in mind to have a successful trip.
And since we love saving on our trips, remember that with TheTravelSecret you can get up to 70% off hotels or weeks in 4* hotels for only $220. Sign up for our webinar and we’ll tell you in a fun way how you can do it!