The desire to travel and escape from quarantine fatigue is increasing more and more. The important thing when traveling during COVID-19 is to consider the regulations of each country and take all the necessary precautions.
Here we bring you a complete guide so that you can travel safely!
What has changed?
The entire tourism industry is adapting to new protocols so that people can continue to travel. There are some new measures to provide more security for travelers.Also, each country has its own requirements and protocols which are continually changing and countries are becoming more adaptable and flexible as time goes by.
Planning a trip can also be as enjoyable as the trip itself, so whether you want to travel now or plan your trip in the future, it will be very beneficial to your health. You only need to be aware of what has changed in the travel industry and the destination countries.
• Travel by air:
Airplanes are highly safe to travel because the air that circulates inside the cabins is always being filtered. For this reason, most viruses and bacteria do not spread very easily.
Several airlines have stated that the risk of being infected with COVID-19 on a plane is as low as in a hospital operating room. Airports are following stricter biosecurity protocols. Therefore it will be normal to have more distance within the lines.
It is recommended that all passengers check-in online, for safety and to speed up the lines.
Additionally, most airlines now have very flexible policies on cancellation and change of routes and dates on their flights.
• Travel by road:
It is important to follow basic care measures such as wearing a mask and always disinfecting yourself after making stops on the road to eat or to refuel.
Many hotels have updated their cleaning and disinfection policies. Therefore, surfaces that are frequently touched are always being disinfected.
Additionally, the hotels are being very understanding with the changes in the reservations, the most important thing is to book in reliable travel sites like TheTravelSecret where you know you will have support from a team in case you want to make changes.
The restaurants are also following new protocols for the care and cleaning of the establishments. It is important before entering a restaurant to evaluate that the restaurant staff continuously uses sanitizer and always uses a mask.
The most important recommendation is to always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before eating. And if you are not comfortable going in, there is always an option to take out.
Is it safe to travel?
The answer to this question is that it depends on each individual. The key to avoiding being infected is to follow all the proper recommendations.
At TheTravelSecret we wanted to create a list of special precautions to consider before traveling to avoid the slightest risk of contracting the virus:
- In public environments wear a mask and use it properly: always cover your nose and mouth
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds and often
- Use antibacterial with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Maintain a two-armed distance from other people. Especially in airport rows.
- Try to make all payments with credit or debit cards
- Avoid paying in cash as much as possible, or disinfect your hands after making any cash payment
- Disinfect your cell phone and electronic devices regularly with disinfectant wipes.
- Try to keep your hotel and airline reservations online
- For airplane travel, bring snacks
Just having the necessary precautions will make your trip enjoyable and without any incident. The secret is to have the necessary information about the requirements of each state or country before traveling and to follow the respective hygiene protocols. We share with you our travel checklist with important items to travel within times of COVID:
- Mask: If they are disposable masks, change them frequently. If they are reusable masks, wash them with hot water and soap when you arrive at the hotel
- Hand Sanitizer
- 100 ml spray with alcohol to disinfect public surfaces
- Disinfectant wipes
- Glasses: whether reading or sunglasses, they can protect your eyes and prevent you from touching them with dirty hands
- Pen: Packing your own pen will prevent you from having to borrow it from someone else
- Belt pouch or sling bag: to store your most needed items
We are ready to travel!
This year we are adapting to new ways of traveling, shopping, and working. It is a process and each time the adjustment process is easier. Countries are starting to open their borders, airports are adapting to new protocols and services are migrating to offer more digital options.
So if you want to travel during COVID times, remember to investigate well the restrictions of the countries, follow the protocols of biosecurity, and book with TheTravelSecret, where you will save up to 70% discount in your hotels and also have continuous accompaniment in case of changes or cancellations.